Onsite Training is included in the All Access Pass; participants may also register for Training independently.
|Monday, August 11, 2014|
How to Develop an Integrated Content Promotion Plan for Search and Social
Using Paid Media Throughout the Marketing Funnel to Drive Revenue
How to Collect, Interpret and Use Your Web Analytics Data
Beyond Basics: Advanced Strategies and Tactics to Boost Performance of Your Email Marketing Program
|6:00-8:00||ClickZ Live Meet & Greet (RSVP here)|
Training workshops provide the practices, applications, and hands-on exposure you need to become (and remain!) a top performer in your field. In-depth training in a small class setting ensures that your instructor is accessible for informal one-on-one or small group discussions. Whether you are a consultant, site designer, website owner, or in-house marketing professional, this is an opportunity to experience firsthand the latest developments in digital marketing. Regardless of your experience level, you will leave these intensive workshops with skills to improve your online business results.
Choose either a full day or half-day of training. Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided to attendees with a full day workshop pass.
How to Develop an Integrated Content Promotion Plan for Search and SocialInstructor:
Simon Heseltine, Senior Director of Audience Development, AOL Inc.
As Search and Social become ever closer intertwined you need to ensure that you're creating the right content, and targeting it to the right users. This course will walk through all the steps from content creation to content promotion. While there's no guarantee that your content will go viral, this course will walk you through the steps your writers need to take to be as successful as possible for whatever type of content you're creating, and the mechanisms your developers need to put in place to help you get there.
What you will learn over the course of the 4 hours:
An SEO Foundation:
- Keyword Research
- Getting your On Page SEO right
- The Quality / Quantity balance
- What you need to ask your Devs to do today
- Preparing for Event-based Content
- Dealing with Templated Content
- Dealing with Bespoke/Custom Content
Promoting your Content:
- Google News - How it works, and how to get into it
- Finding and Engaging Social Influencers
- Broadening your Outreach across different networks
- Engaging your own audience to encourage them to promote your content
Who Should Attend?
This workshop will best suit individuals who are either content creators, or are managing content creators. This workshop will start out with some basics as a foundation for the rest of the course, but then move more into the practical intermediate skills and strategies, to enable you to move your site to the next level.
Using Paid Media Throughout the Marketing Funnel to Drive RevenueInstructor:
Lauren Vaccarello, VP Marketing, AdRoll
Online advertising technology is evolving every day. Learn the latest tips, tricks and tactics across paid search, traditional display, retargeting, and social advertising to help drive your bottom line.Read more
This 4 hour training session will take you on a journey through the marketing funnel starting with how to use paid media to drive awareness and work its way down through consideration and purchases phases.
Topics covered will include:
- How to use social advertising to drive awareness and top of funnel interest
- Using retargeting to build community and nurture leads
- How to use social advertising to cross sell your customers
- Paid search and the bottom of the funnel
- Using retargeting to drive direct sales
Who Should Attend?
This is workshop is optimal for someone with a basic paid media background but is looking to learn more about channels beyond search.
How to Collect, Interpret and Use Your Web Analytics DataInstructor:
Thom Craver, Vice President, Development and IT, Internet Marketing Ninjas
You have to grow your list, you have to know more about those you serve, and you have to increase engagement. How do you stand out in your consumers' in-box? How do you become relevant? How do you build a closer relationship with those you serve?
You've built your Web site. Now what? Is it generating revenue or is it still a cost center? Are people coming? Once they come to your site, what are they doing? Why is your conversion rate so low and your bounce rate so high? All these questions can be answered by interpreting your Web analytics data.
This 4-hour training session will take you beyond the simple basics of checking web stats. You'll learn how to determine KPIs based on your business organization and tactics to measure them across multiple channels from search to social to online and offline campaigns.
The session is not dependent on any analytics platform, but does lean more toward Google Analytics.
What you will learn:
- A brief overview of Web metrics
- Determining useful metrics
- What metrics to include as part of your KPIs
- How to interpret KPI data to make business decisions
- How to determine conversion attribution from multiple channels
- How to dashboard and report your results
Who Should Attend?
This workshop will best suit individuals who have basic understanding of how to read your Web site statistics. This workshop will focus on intermediate skills and strategies, with a handful of advanced nuggets to make you a data-driven, decision-making rockstar.
- Marketing directors
- Search marketing managers
- In-House search engine optimizers
- Content creators
- Sales managers
- Web site managers
Beyond Basics: Advanced Strategies and Tactics to Boost Performance of Your Email Marketing ProgramInstructor:
Jeanne S. Jennings, Vice President, Global Strategic Services, Alchemy Worx
The Direct Marketing Association projects that email marketing returns $28.50 for each dollar spent - the highest ROI of any other direct response channel, online or offline. Join Jeanne Jennings, Vice President of Global Strategic Services for Alchemy Worx, to learn how you can make your email marketing program more effective and more profitable.
This fast-paced session will use case studies and real-world examples to show you how organizations large and small are better leveraging the email channel - and how you can incorporate these strategies and tactics into your own program. We'll cover:
- Advanced Analytics: getting past opens and clicks into reach, influence, attribution, revenue and conversion metrics to help you evaluate and improve the performance of your email marketing efforts
- Automation Strategies: creating effective triggered email series to onboard new subscribers, nurture leads and drive more revenue (hint: it's the content, not the technology, that will make you successful)
- Content Marketing: making the most of content you have, simple ways to generate more and how to use it in combination with marketing messages to meet your bottom line goals
- Strategic Testing: going beyond subject lines into landing pages, offers and wireframes as well as keys to getting statistically significant results
Bonus! Forward one of your email campaigns to Jeanne before the session; she'll incorporate it into the presentation and as a group we'll provide a gentle critique, including what's working and what you might test to improve performance.
Please plan to join us! You'll gain practical ideas you can take back, test and implement with your own email marketing program - to boost your bottom line performance and make you an email marketing rock star!