Onsite Training is included in the All Access Pass; participants may also register for Training independently.
|Monday, March 31, 2014|
How to Collect, Interpret and Use Your Web Analytics Data
Executing a Successful Agile Marketing Plan
How to Architect Search-Engine Friendly Blogs
How to Develop an Integrated Content Promotion Plan for Search and Social
Effective Email Marketing Strategies: Improving Opens, Clicks, & Conversions
Using Paid Media Throughout the Marketing Funnel to Drive Revenue
|6:00p-8:00p||Meet & Greet|
Training workshops provide the practices, applications, and hands-on exposure you need to become (and remain!) a top performer in your field. In-depth training in a small class setting ensures that your instructor is accessible for informal one-on-one or small group discussions. Whether you are a consultant, site designer, website owner, or in-house marketing professional, this is an opportunity to experience firsthand the latest developments in digital marketing. Regardless of your experience level, you will leave these intensive workshops with skills to improve your online business results.
Choose either a full day or half-day of training. Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided to attendees with a full day workshop pass.
How to Collect, Interpret and Use Your Web Analytics DataInstructor:
Thom Craver, Vice President, Development and IT, Internet Marketing Ninjas
You've built your Web site. Now what? Is it generating revenue or is it still a cost center? Are people coming? Once they come to your site site, what are they doing? All these questions can be answered by interpreting your Web analytics data.
This 4-hour training session will take you beyond the simple basics of checking web stats. You'll learn how to determine KPIs based on your business organization and tactics to measure them across multiple channels from search to social to online and offline campaigns.
What you will learn:
- Opportunity to provide guests with a promotional giveaway of your choice, promoting your business via a prize draw. All entrants' details that are submitted for the prize draw will be sent to you providing invaluable leads for your business.
- A brief overview of Web metrics
- Determining useful metrics
- What metrics to include as part of your KPIs
- How to interpret KPI data to make business decisions
- How to determine conversion attribution from multiple channels
- How do dashboard and report your results
Who Should Attend?
This workshop will best suit individuals who have basic understanding of how to read your Web site statistics. This workshop will focus on intermediate skills and strategies, with a handful of advanced nuggets to make you a data-driven, decision-making rockstar.
- Marketing directors
- Search marketing managers
- In-House search engine optimizers
- Content creators
- Sales managers
- Web site managers
- Both novices and newbies
Executing a Successful Agile Marketing PlanInstructor:
Mike Moran, Senior Strategist, Converseon
Agile marketing can be described as the path to success in digital marketing that is based on experimentation and course correction, rather than tedious strategizing leading up to a "big bang" launch of a risky endeavor. In order to get the most out of your marketing campaign, feedback needs to be analyzed and necessary changes need to be implemented faster to improve the customer experience.
Marketers need to think ahead – however, one of the difficulties of adopting agile marketing is the need to admit that most of what marketers do is actually wrong – it's not the best, it's not optimized, and it's not even good... but it's a start, and you'll eventually find an approach that works if you can get the right feedback.
This workshop will introduce agile marketing, why it is essential to your marketing campaign, and strategies and tactics you can implement into your business strategies. Many born-on-the-web successful companies such as Google, eBay, and Amazon all use agile marketing as a way to gain a better insight into what marketing tactics actually work. You might think that they do this now because they have lots of cash to run experiments. But the truth is that they have done this from the beginning—that's why they have so much cash.
In this class you'll learn:
- Why marketing is moving faster than ever. Time was that you could take your time and introduce a new campaign once a year. These days, events drive your marketing—you can't be without a response.
- The basics of agile software development. Any technology-based marketing tactic (such as Web site development or search engine optimization) requires a different king of IT process. Agile development moves fast and is the basis behind the agile marketing methodology.
- How digital marketing is direct marketing. Whether you sell online or offline, your marketing success is based on response. Learn how to measure the monetary impact of every marketing tactic you try, using it as a feedback loop to judge your marketing effectiveness.
- How to test your way to success. You can speed up your feedback eve more through the use of testing. You can test two alternatives (A/B testing) or many alternatives (multivariate testing) and rapidly narrow down the best approach to many kinds of marketing tactics.
- How to get started and keep going. Some people find agile marketing threatening or even scary. Learn how to approach wary people and help them adapt to this new way of improving marketing results. Also learn how to increase the agility of existing campaigns and make mid-campaign modifications.
How to Architect Search-Engine Friendly BlogsInstructor:
Shari Thurow, Founder & SEO Director, Omni Marketing Interactive
According to bit.ly, the mean half-life* of a link on Twitter is 2.8 hours, and the mean half-life of a link on Facebook is only 3.2 hours. How can SEOs, social media marketers, and other website professionals produce findable blog content whose online presence lasts longer than a few hours…or even a few months or years?
The answer is easier than it might seem: make your blog content (a) easy to find and (b) easy to use so that your blog becomes a fortress of information. Over time, a blog's infrastructure and "aboutness" should get stronger. That means modifying out-of-the-box blog software and templates to meet the needs of both human and non-human users: searchers, multiple devices, and even search engines.
In this half-day workshop, Shari will show you how to architect blogs to make your blog content easier to find via internal search engines and the commercial web search engines to support a positive user/searcher experience.
Bring examples of blogs and individual blog pages: this is a hands-on workshop with plenty of what-not-to-dos and exercises. Bring your responsive designs, too! Contrary to popular opinion, responsive design is not naturally search-engine (or searcher) friendly. In this session, you will also learn how to make your responsive-design blogs more search friendly.
After attending this workshop, you will be able to:
- Avoid common (and costly) blog architecture and navigation mistakes
- Types of page interlinking that are necessary for long-term search engine visibility (news search, blog search, and web search)
- Effectively place targeted keywords and links on blog pages without sacrificing a positive user experience
- Establish aboutness, information scent, and visual hierarchies on blog pages
- Create and maintain effective wayfinder pages in blogs
- Successfully archive findable and usable blog content
- Promote blog content in social media outlets that last days, months, and even years
- Naturally connect B2B and B2C content with your corporate blog content
- Implement proven techniques and strategies for long-term results
*Half-life: the time it takes a link to receive half the clicks it will ever receive after it's reached its peak
How to Develop an Integrated Content Promotion Plan for Search and SocialInstructor:
Simon Heseltine, Senior Director of Audience Development, AOL Inc.
As Search and Social become ever closer intertwined you need to ensure that you're creating the right content, and targeting it to the right users. This course will walk through all the steps from content creation to content promotion. While there's no guarantee that your content will go viral, this course will walk you through the steps your writers need to take to be as successful as possible for whatever type of content you're creating, and the mechanisms your developers need to put in place to help you get there.Read more
What you will learn over the course of the 4 hours:
An SEO Foundation:
- Keyword Research
- Getting your On Page SEO right
- The Quality / Quantity balance
- What you need to ask your Devs to do today
- Preparing for Event based Content
- Dealing with Templated Content
- Dealing with Bespoke Content
Promoting your Content:
- Google News - How it works, and how to get into it
- Finding and Engaging Social Influencers
- Broadening your Outreach across different networks
- Engaging your own audience to encourage them to promote your content
Who Should Attend?
This workshop will best suit individuals who are either content creators, or are managing content creators. This workshop will start out with some basics as a foundation for the rest of the course, but then move more into the practical intermediate skills and strategies, to enable you to move your site to the next level.
Effective Email Marketing Strategies: Improving Opens, Clicks, & ConversionsInstructor:
Sundeep Kapur, Digital Strategies, Allied Solutions
You have to grow your list, you have to know more about those you serve, and you have to increase engagement. How do you stand out in your consumers' in-box? How do you become relevant? How do you build a closer relationship with those you serve?Read more
From proven strategies for email list growth, to creating compelling campaigns that drive results, this advanced email marketing workshop is designed to engage email marketers wanting to take their campaigns to the next level.
Come learn strategies that are driving above 51% engagement. Our workshop will focus on the following key drivers:
- Enhancing Consumer Preferences
- Successful Multi-Device Email Design
- Powerful Segmentation Strategies
- Understanding & Resolving Deliverability
- Growing Your List across Channels
- Advanced Reporting & Analytics
- Creating Powerful Nurture Campaigns
The workshop will feature three case studies, with an opportunity to interact with your marketing peers.
Using Paid Media Throughout the Marketing Funnel to Drive RevenueInstructor:
Lauren Vaccarello, VP Marketing, AdRoll
Online advertising technology is evolving every day. Learn the latest tips, tricks and tactics across paid search, traditional display, retargeting, and social advertising to help drive your bottom line.Read more
This 4 hour training session will take you on a journey through the marketing funnel starting with how to use paid media to drive awareness and work its way down through consideration and purchases phases.
Topics covered will include:
- How to use social advertising to drive awareness and top of funnel interest
- Using retargeting to build community and nurture leads
- How to use social advertising to cross sell your customers
- Paid search and the bottom of the funnel
- Using retargeting to drive direct sales
Who should attend:
This is workshop is optimal for someone with a basic paid media background but is looking to learn more about channels beyond search.